Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Insanity

Insanity, an exercise plan on DVD has become one of my favorite ways to exercise. I have not used it following its official plan, but have worked in various workouts from it into my regular exercise routine. For months I used Tae-bo exclusively, and I still like it a great deal. However, I noticed a month or two back that my heart rate was not being raised sufficiently with the Tae-bo DVDs I have. I tried P90X, another Beach Body product, but found its dependance on Yoga did not interest me at all. Then I saw Insanity at Costco and decided to try it out. The first time I tried it, I barely got to the end of the warm-up. My heart rate was higher than it had been for weeks, if not months, and I loved it. Since getting Insanity I have started to do it more and more, and Tae-bo less and less. I still have not gotten through all the routines completely, but even with that, the workout I am getting is great.

Having said that, there are a couple of cavets. First, if you have knee problems or hip problems, this is not for you. It fairly high impact with lots of lateral action. Second, this is not for beginners. You need to be somewhat fit to do these. If you are not, you will find that you will have a great deal of difficulty doing this.

All in all, if you are looking for something that will push you to the next level, this is an exercise program that will do that. I am guessing that you could modify some of the moves yourself, if you take the time to figure it out, to make that lower impact, but some of the stuff will be very difficult to modify.

No comments:

Post a Comment