Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Injuries

For the past year or so I have been dealing with a torn meniscus. For those who don't know what that is, it is part of the cartilage in the knee. It is not a constant problem, but flares up when the torn piece moves out of position thus causing a fair amount of pain, and locking up my knee.

Yesterday that torn piece did just that, and while the pain is not overwhelming, it is substantial. At this point any lower body work is out, so I am going to try to focus on upper body stuff. Carrying weight around is also out, so changing the plates on the barbell will be limited. I plan to focus mainly on bodyweight and dumbell exercises since I can have my powerblocks right where I am working out so I can change the weight easily without walking around with them.

All this is meant to lead up to my main comment. My past experience is that when I am injured and unable to work out, my eating gets really bad. I eat way to many calories, and can't seem to stop. This has been very unhelpful in maintaining my weight loss, and since I have had these flare ups fairly frequently has resulted in fairly substantial gains. With this pattern in mind, instead of repeating it yet again I thought I would make a plan.

The big issue for me is that working out and maintaining a good diet seem directly connected in me. When I workout I find it easy to eat well. When I don't, or in this case, can't workout, I eat badly. My plan then is to find a way to workout that works around my injury. Hopefully this will help me keep on track with food as well.

What all this does is give a reminder that we all need to watch for these patterns in our lives. When we find them, we need to come up with a plan to try to change them. Then we need to try that plan to see if it works. If it doesn't we need a different plan.

Hopefully this will work for me. I will post an update when I find out.

1 comment:

  1. That's good plan. Surely, it will help you stay fit and in shape.


    Regards,
    G. Brown
    Victoza lawsuit

    ReplyDelete